A polyu Thesis template
This template is a simple modification of the Clean Thesis package.
- Edit the
thesis.texfor making title page and organizing the thesis structure.
- Add/Edit each chapter in the
- Replace/Add references to
- Compile as usual
This package follows the Guide (
guide/thesis_format_guide.pdf) of thesis formatting of Department of Computing of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
According to my knowledge, the Guide is similar or maybe identical over the years. However this Guide is printed for each graduate only when he/she is going to take the viva. The name of the RC secretary of corresponding department was printed on the Guide. The attached Guide is a version free of the names and contacts of the RC secretary.
The Format Setting of this template
- The format of the thesis content is free.
- Only several pages should be formatted according to the guide.
- The sequence matters.
Detailed List (The bold were implemented in the example)
- A title page
- A statement reading
- Dedication (optional)
- Abstract (200-500 words)
- Publications arising from the thesis (optional)
- Table of contents
- List of figures, tables and abbreviations (all optional)
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- The thesis body
- Conclusions and Suggestions for Future Research (the latter being optional)
- Appendices (optional)
- The references for all chapters can be placed at the end, or those for each chapter can be placed at the end of the chapter.
About Clean Thesis Package
The version of Clean Thesis used here is not updated. The guide of the clean thesis package is included in the
- Try to finalize a cls file of the thesis.
- Try to use the Clean Thesis functions to implement other rules of the thesis guide.
- Try to update the Clean Thesis package
- Try to WRITE MY THESIS