A webpage started by the disputed student notebook ownership 2012. Summarizing all the computers I have. The performance tests, OS, and usage guides. And also thoughts about how to upgrade or improve and maintain a perfect working condition.
3-year Intenational Warranty
i7-3520M, 4MB Cache/2.9GHz/1600MHz FSB
2 x 8GiB DDR3 1600MHz (Max. 16GB)
128 GB M5Pro SSD
128 GB M4 mSATA SSD
16 GB SD card, as auxilary storage. 30 MiB/s writing speed
12.5”, 1366 x 768
720p HD Webcam
Lithium Ion 6-cell/Up to 9.9 hours
- Plextor M5 Pro 128GB SSD Speed Test with AS SSD Benchmark(right after the system installation)
- 4 GiB RAM Disk Speed Test using DataRam
- Windows Experience Index with SSD / 16 GiB RAM / 2 GiB Display RAM
THANKS to ZHM.
Some test are too slow to carry out.
- Main SSD with almost full files
The performance is still very good as just bought.
- RamDisk is still the best, over 10 times of SSD
- Crucial M4 128GB mSATA is slightly weaker than M5P. Not to mention it is empty.
And also here is a review of this mSATA SSD.
- Mobile HDD(the original hdd came with x230) with USB 3.0
The difference with SSD is obvious especially the random test.
- SanDisk Extreme 16GB Flash Disk
Extrodinary read, poor write and worst random.
- SD Card 16GB
Worst at any field.
A confirmed removal of the power beep, and a VB script is attached as an alternate solution
x230 user experience and optimization
x230i mSATA SSD replacement guide
- Plextor M5 Pro 128G, Performance test
- famous thessdreview.com
- SSD performance review
- Several Tips about SSD
- Windows 7 tweaks
- Win 7 optimizing
- SSD 2012 roundup
- SSD 4 KiB Alignment Performance Test
- German Medion USB 3.0 external hard disk case
- SSD for performance and data security
- i7 cpu for performance
- Light weight for mobility
- Thinkpad X230
- main working env
- Windows 7 64bit
- VirtualBox Ubuntu 13.10 64bit
- Two PCs in office
- One with Windows XP SP2 - PQ702a - quxiaofeng.no-ip.biz
- One with Windows 8.1 - PQ702b - abrandy.no-ip.biz
- Fast enough
- Docs in both PCs synchronized with the Dropbox, and code with git (github or bitbucket)
- Using by Jocelyn for office and entertainment purpose.
- Given to Gavin
- Home PC